Greetings Pastors, Church Treasurers, Finance Teams, SPRC, and Others -
Hello again from your Conference Treasurer and Administrative Services Team. We launched our bi-weekly email series last year, and we're back on schedule again to:
- Inform and equip you for the ministry you provide in your local church and community
- Provide you a regular opportunity to respond and interact with us
Read below to see Conference news and resources related:
- Special Sunday Offerings
- 2019 OMC
- Active Health Plan HSA Update
To share your thoughts or insights about how we can best serve you, please don't hesitate to reply to this email or email me at email@example.com. Feel free to call as well at (502) 425-3884.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (502) 425-3884
One of the joys of the Administrative Services Team is participating in the process of helping money be transformed into ministry. We also love - and think it's vitally important - to celebrate God's abundant gifts and grace that are at work in, among, and through us. Today we celebrate:
This is the total number of Special Offering Sundays our Conference and your local church are invited to celebrate. Of course, we hope generosity extends to each Sunday and weekday, but we've set aside the following 6 Sundays to especially bless those unique ministries of the Conference and United Methodist Church. The Special Offering Sundays are:
- Human Relations Jan 20
- UMCOR (One Great Hour of Sharing) March 31
- Native American May 5
- Peace with Justice June 16
- World Communion Oct 6
- UM Student Day Nov 24
Additional Resources can be found here: UMC Giving
Local Church Finance News
2019 Our Mission Covenant Remittance Forms: Many thanks to all of our churches who are making a commitment to the Conference's mission and ministries in 2019. For a snapshot of the mission and ministries your covenant funds will make possible, take a moment to view and share the 2019 Our Mission Covenant brochure. Also, you should be receiving 2019 OMC Remittance Forms in the mail soon. You can access these forms electronically here: OMC Excel and OMC pdf.
Health Benefits & Pension News
HSA Banking Update:: For those persons who submitted their form to participate in the bulk transfer, here’s what you can expect over the coming weeks.
- Today: You can access both your My Benefit Wallet funds and your Anthem ActWise funds.
- 3/1/19: My Benefit Wallet accounts will be closed. You will not have access to these funds after the account is closed and the next steps in the transfer process are initiated. However, you will maintain access to your Anthem ActWise funds.
- 3/12/19: My Benefit Wallet funds will be transferred to Anthem ActWise accounts. The transferred funds should be usable via Anthem ActWise within 2 business days from wire date (3/12/19).
If you have not yet received your HSA or ID card, please contact Lesley Williams at email@example.com.
Did you know?
Did you know you can access your church's Conference Giving Statement online here: Church Giving Statement. Quickly see and reconcile your church's participation if Our Mission Covenant giving, special Sunday giving, and more.